I like to name my food something unique, though sometimes the shape doesn’t match the name.
This time I present recipes that are familiar in Asian countries, but I guarantee you who are not from Asian countries can also make it at home.
I named this dessert “SNOW WHITE” because of its white color, although not completely white because it has complementary elements of corn.
The important key to this sweet cake recipe is the ingredients of mung bean flour and coconut milk. In Indonesia, we call mung bean flour with “HUNKWEE FLOUR (TELUNG HUNKWEE)”.
– 500 ml of coconut milk
– 50 gr of HUNKWE flour (mung bean flour)
– 100 gr of sugar
– 1 cup of boiled corn
– A pinch of salt
– pandan leaf (you can replace it with vanilla)
How to make
– Enter the mung bean flour into the pan.
– Add coconut milk, sugar, salt, and pandan leaf or vanilla.
– Then cook the mixture until it boils and bubbles form on the surface.
– Cook while continuing to stir so that the mixture of flour and coconut milk does not clot.
– When the bubbles appear, add pieces of boiled corn.
– Mix well, then lift.
– Put it in a mold.
– Cool it. Then put it in the refrigerator when it is at room temperature.
– Serve in cold conditions with a sprinkling of corn.
You can also see my video tutorial on how to make this dessert on My Youtube Channel, please click on the following thumbnail:
What do you think of my recipe? This sweet cake recipe you can present to your family during the holidays to welcome the new year later.
Enjoy your day, everyone!
Join a vegan community @vegansofsteemit hosted by @lenasveganliving